EASTPAK CORE SERIES COMPETITION
SPONSOR INFOThe Eastpak Core Series project is a campaign across eight European countries to celebrate and support ambitious young urban entrepreneurs. The Core Series project has recruited 24 European entrepreneur ambassadors to celebrate their skills and harness their knowledge to inspire a new generation of business owners. The project culminates in a Europe-wide competition to find an outstanding new urban entrepreneur - as voted by a panel of judges including the Core Series Ambassadors.
ABOUT EASTPAKEastpak has been making bags that enable and inspire people to move since 1952. Back then, as a manufacturer of military-issue packs and duffels for the US Pentagon. And today, as a leading lifestyle brand for people who live, work and play in the city. Offering backpacks, shoulder bags, travel gear and accessories, made with the same passion, knowhow and uncompromising commitment to quality. So you can fit more of what you need in your bag, and more of what you want into your day.
THE BRIEFParticipants are invited to submit their business/business description via a competition criteria format which can be found at eastpak.com/ambassadors/competition. Each participating entry must include:
First name + Last name
Mobile phone number
Social media platforms
Video link (if available)
Select ambassador from whom you would like to be mentored by
Business description (should include: introduction, aims for the business & key achievements to date and why you think your business should win)
JUDING CRITERIA - WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
An original business that has been set up in the past 24 months
Urban product or service
Achievements of success
THE PRIZEAlong with the PR and publicity that goes with being a part of this project, finalists will also win business products and service to the value of €1.800 including Eastpak Core Series bags & luggage, mini iPad, iPhone & premium Linkedin service for 12 months.
SUBMISSION DETAILSOpen to entries from 1 September until 16 October 2015 Submit your entry by uploading to eastpak.com/ambassadors/competition
Late entries will NOT be judged & the competition is open to all interested participants. The final winner will be expected to take part in a publicity video & photo-shoot. EASTPAK CORE SERIES COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering into the Eastpak Core Series Competition (the “Competition”), entrants agree to be bound by the following Terms & Conditions:
1. The Competition opens on 1st September 2015 (“Opening Date”) and closes at midnight on 1st October 2015 (“Closing Date”). No entries will be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person. Entries which are not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions are invalid. Entries comprising of anything which is obscene or vulgar, abusive, harmful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, invasive, profane or otherwise unlawful shall be deemed to be invalid. More in particular, entries cannot:
- · be sexually explicit or suggestive, or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or the disabled, be profane or pornographic;
- · promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- · defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- · contain any prominent use of trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others as determined by Sponsor, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- · contain prominent copyrighted materials owned by others (including literary works, song words etc.) as determined by Sponsor;
- · contain materials embodying the names or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead without permission;
- · communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and be in violation of any law or otherwise.
- a. submit a business description in accordance with the Competition Brief;
- b. upload your entry onto the website eastpak.com/ambassadors/competition, subject always to the Terms and Conditions of the website; Entrants should take into consideration the Competition Brief before submitting their Entry. The Competition Brief is available on the Website.
- Eastpak Core Series bags
- Mini iPad®
- Premium Linkedin® upgrade for 12 months
- iPhone® Mobile
- a. administering, marketing and promoting this Competition;
- b. marketing and promoting future competitions held by Eastpak; and
- c. marketing and promoting Eastpak, (collectively, “Marketing and Promotional Purposes”).
IMPORTANT: Participants confirm and guarantee that they are the exclusive owner of all rights with respect to the Business Description submitted by them or that they have the necessary approval from anyone claiming rights with respect the Business Description, including but not limited to the material potentially downloaded from the Internet. In addition, participants authorise VF Europe and/or guarantee that VF Europe has the approval of the proprietors to store the submitted material, and to make it public and disseminate it, and to use it for communication and advertising purposes. Once a participation is submitted, this authorisation can no longer be withdrawn.
3. There will be ONE winner and ONE prize despite a business having potential multiple owners. The prize shall consist of business support items to the value of €1.800 including :
There will be 1 ultimate winner whose business will be included in the Eastpak Core Series publicity campaign & website.
The winner may be required to take part in a video and / or photo-shoot with all reasonable expenses paid.
4. Entry to this international competition is open to people from any country around the world to legal residents who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of submission and who have an active e-mail account and Internet access prior to the beginning of the Contest.
The following people are not eligible to enter the Competition: the employees of (i) Eastpak and its franchises, subsidiaries, agents and advisors and their families; and (iii) any other company, organization or person assisting or connected with the promotion.
5. The Competition shall be judged by a panel comprised of representatives of Eastpak and Eastpak Core Series Ambassadors (the “Panel”).
The Panel shall select the Final Shortlist who shall be notified by October 2015. The final winner shall be judged by the Panel on the basis of the criteria set out in the Competition Brief.
6. Entrants represent and warrant that: (a) Entrant is the owner or co-owner of the business (b) Entrants have the full authorization and authority to enter into this Competition and (c). Entrants, at Entrants’s own expense, will indemnify, will save and hold Company, its successors, harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees and production cost, sustained by Company by reason of or resulting from any breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements herein made by Entrants, or from any reasonable reliance by Company upon such warranty, representation or agreement.
All Entries will be screened by Eastpak who reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to remove and/or disqualify any Entry from which it believes is in breach of this clause, or any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
7. If your Entry is selected as a Final Entry or a Winning Entry, you hereby grant Eastpak (and its authorized partners) a royalty – free, cost – free, non-exclusive, irrevocable right to use your Entry in all media for the purposes of:
9. No purchase of any kind is necessary to enter into this Competition.
The competition does not generate any commitment from VF Europe or of third parties concerned in the contest. They will therefore not accept any liability, also concerning technical interruptions, delay in internet traffic, or loss or damage to sent items. They are only liable for damages which are a direct consequence of their own set-up or of a proven important mistake from their side.
Indifferences will be solved by the contest jury determined by VF Europe. The decisions are final and binding.
If a certain rule of this set of rules is declared invalid or uncompulsory, that will not have an influence on the validness or compulsory character of other rules.
VF Europe, Eastpak Division, declares to process the personal data gathered from the competition for marketing purposes. If you do not want this, you need to communicate your refusal tot the client service of VF Europe. You have the right to see and correct, and the possibility to consult the public register of the automatic processing (Wet verwerking persoonsgegevens van 8 december 1992). VF Europe processes your data in the framework of this contest.
10. The Prize may be altered or varied at the sole discretion of Eastpak and substituted with a prize which, in the sole opinion of Eastpak, is a suitable alternative.
11. Eastpak, and any other company, organization or person assisting or connected with the Competition shall not be liable for any claims or complaints of any nature in respect to the Prize or to the Entries, to the fullest extent that this is permissible by law.
12. Eastpak will contact the winners with further details of how to claim the Prize after the close of the Competition.
13. Eastpak reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition and these Terms and Conditions in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its reasonable control or if in its absolute discretion considers it necessary.
14. The winners agree to take part in post-Competition publicity at the request of Eastpak.
15. Information regarding personal data which is provided by you when you enter will be processed in a database for the purpose of managing entry into the Competition. Such information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated in these Terms and Conditions or as separately accepted by you. If you have separately agreed to receive communications from Eastpak or a third party, then your personal data may be used by them for such purposes, including direct marketing. Any personal data that you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the 1998 Data Protection Act.
17. Entrants accept that the Website is offered on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Eastpak does not warrant that the Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of software viruses or bugs or other defects. Eastpak has no control over, and disclaims all responsibility for, any content which Entrants may encounter, or events which may occur as a result of any Entrant’s use of the Website, to the fullest extent permitted by law, and Eastpak shall not be liable for any damages or other losses of any type whatsoever incurred by Entrants as a result of their use of the Website. Eastpak shall not be responsible for any Entry that cannot be uploaded on to the Website.
18. The Promoter of this Competition is Eastpak, c/o VF Europe bvba, C. Van Kerckhovenstraat 110, 2880 Bornem, Belgium.